- This event has passed.
All Night at the Museum – NASM’s 40th Anniversary
July 1, 2016 @ 8:30 PM - July 2, 2016 @ 10:00 AM EDTFree
On July 1, the National Air and Space Museum will celebrate the 40th anniversary of its flagship building in Washington, DC. An evening ceremony and all-night celebration will commemorate the date and officially open the newly renovated Boeing Milestones of Flight Hall. For the first time, the Museum will stay open throughout the night with special guests dropping by and ongoing activities including a film festival, music, tours, a scavenger hunt, and much more. Museum admission is free.
40th Anniversary Activities:
* Opening Ceremony: An evening ceremony to commemorate the 40th anniversary of our flagship building in Washington, DC and the official opening of the newly renovated Boeing Milestones of Flight Hall will begin at 8:30 pm on the Museum’s North Terrace.
* All Night at the Museum: For the first time the Museum will stay open throughout the night with special guests, ongoing activities, all night films, music, tours, a scavenger hunt, and more. All activities are free and open to the public, unless otherwise noted.
* Film Festival: We’ll feature aviation and space related films with introductions that provide insight and cultural context starting at 9:30 pm and running through 9:30 am Saturday morning.
* All Night on Air: For those not in town or unable to stay the entire evening we’ll feature interviews with special guests and coverage of highlights from the evening webcast from 8:00 pm Friday until 8:00 am Saturday.
* Member Suite: The National Air and Space Society will host a hospitality suite for members on Saturday, July 2, from 8:30 am to 11:00 am.
Share your Air and Space story online and use #airandspace40 on social.