- This event has passed.
GOES-R Launch NASA Social – Live Segment on NASA TV
November 18, 2016 @ 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM ESTFree
Are you passionate about all things space, satellites and social media? Then this is the event for you.
Don’t miss this behind the scenes opportunity to snap, post, tweet, and share everything about the launch of NOAA’s GOES-R, America’s Next-Generation Geostationary Weather Satellite.
We are inviting social media users from around the world to apply for credentials to join us for the #GOESR Launch Social at Kennedy Space Center in Florida. Don’t miss your chance to get a special insider’s look at the launch and share it with the world!
As a GOES-R Social participant, you will have the opportunity to:
* See the satellite rollout
* Experience the launch
* Tour special locations around the Kennedy Space Center, including the United
* Launch Alliance (ULA) Atlas Spaceflight Operations Center (ASOC)
* Hear from NOAA and NASA GOES-R experts during a special pre-launch briefing
* Speak with the scientists and engineers that made GOES-R and its instruments a reality
* And more!
Not sure what GOES-R is? Learn more about the mission!
Follow these folks as they attend the Social: https://twitter.com/NASASocial/lists/goes-r-nasa-social
- November 18, 2016
1:30 PM - 3:00 PM
- Event Categories:
- Launches, Deployments, Dockings, & Unberthings, Tweetups/Socials/Open Houses, Uncrewed - Science & Research